Chapin and Morrow/Wilson have breakfast for dinner. Anything better? I THINK NOT.
- Smith is playing Mr. Holyoke in BASKETBALL tomorrow at 7:00 pm. Support the Pioneers, even if you hate our mascot!
- Join Hillel and make some delicious latkes in Dawes House in the Kosher Kitchen tomorrow! It’s all in preparation for the Chanukkah party later this week. Just get there at 4:15 pm, ready to bake (in the legal way, not the illegal way). YUM!
- Head on down to Weinstein Auditorium in Wright to attend the final lecture for “History and Critical Issues of Museums”, the new museums concentration course at Smith. Starting at 7:30 pm, Mimi Gates, the Director of the Seattle Art Museum, will be speaking about her experiences working in a museum. Open to the public!
- Haven’t seen Las Meninas yet? Check it out tonight! Only $5 for students and $8 for everyone else, this show tells the story of an affair between the princess Marie-Thérèse, wife of Louis XIV, and Nabo Sensugali, an African dwarf. 8:00 pm, Mendenhall. More information here.
- Try out for the Vagina Monologues today in the CC Carroll Room from 7:00-9:00pm. More information here.
- Starting today, the Smith Freethinkers are showing a Doubt Week clothesline display along Chapin Lawn. Check it out!
Also, here’s a link to apologize for being late: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/01/hey-bebeh.html?commentPage=3
Looking for something swell to eat tonight? Sure you are! Tyler, King/Scales, Cutter-Z, Cushing/Emerson and Chase/Ducket all have baby-back ribs, chili, cornbread and potatoes. Delicious!
Comstock/Wilder has taco bar. Enough said.
Whoops — sorry we didn’t post for Saturday and we’re late for Sunday — it’s been a crazy weekend for both of us.
The Smith College Chorus, Glee Club, Chamber Singers, Handbell Choir, and Orchestra will perform at this year’s Christmas Vespers led by the college chapains. Vespers tells the story of Advent and Christmas through hymns, anthems, prayers, and scripture readings and will be held in JMG at 4 pm and 7:30 pm. Free!
WOZQ Tag Sale
WOZQ is hosting a tag sale that promises everything from clothes to records. It’s in Davis Ballroom from 10 am to 6 pm.
Choices are somewhat limited tonight so I’m going with Appetizer Night at, well, almost everywhere (aka Chase/Duckett, Cushing/Emerson, Cutter/Ziskind, King/Scales, Lamont, and Tyler). This consists of stuffed mushrooms, buffalo wings, cocktail meatballs, soft-baked pretzals, and mint chocolate chip ice cream with fudge sauce.
So I totally spaced about my post (sorry! I hope this isn’t becoming a trend).
Boost your immunity against the oink by getting a shot or nasal spray vaccine from health services in the CC Carroll Room today. You need an appointment to get the shot. To sign up, click here.
Accessories make the outfit, and to make your own headbands go to this Smith To Do in CC 103/104 from 9 to 11 pm to use sparklies, ribbons, and feathers to make beautiful headbands.
Jazz/Wind Ensembles Fall Concert
The jazz and wind ensembles are performing at their annual fall concert tonight at 7:30 pm in Sweeney Concert Hall. It’s FREE.
See this hilarious comedy in 16th century France with kings, queens, and dwarfs. It’s open the Dec. 3-5 and 9-12 at 8pm in Hallie Flannagan Studio Theatre in Mendenhall Center for Performing Arts. Tickets are $5 for Smith students and $8 for the general public. Get there early because seating is general admission.
The Fucking with Gender workshop going on at 8:00 pm tonight has now MOVED to the Carroll Room in the Campus Center… tell your friends!